Take down just enough sidewall to expose more metal edge for filing. 0° angle bar surface provides convenient fence to sharpen plexi scrapers. No need to use an expensive carbide cutter that even if used correctly tears away too much sidewall (compromising structural integrity), or chatters down the length of the edge causing impossible to remove "washboard". The 7° angle bar perfectly positions a file to readily trim the plastic sidewall while missing the metal edge typically set at 2° or 3°. Place the coarse side of a Tools4Boards COMBI-CUT or PLANE panzer file (sold separately) on the outwardly facing 7° angle bar surface and draw the tool down the sidewall using light pressure to remove a minimal amount of the plastic, when the file begins to remove a slight amount of metal from either the edge or second edge (thin metal plate inward of edge) it's time to stop as just enough sidewall has been removed. Multiple file teeth in contact with the sidewall prevent the file blade from digging in. Minimizing sidewall removal maintains necessary support for the metal edge and greatly extends the life of your ski or snowboard. To switch from sidewall trimmer to plexi scraper sharpener, simply detach angle bar from wear plate, rotate 180º then re-attach so the 0° surface is outwardly facing. Place a sheet of 180 grit sandpaper (sold separately) on a flat surface underneath wear plate and slide plexi scraper back and forth using 0° surface as a fence.
· Wear plate precision milled from a block of .2" (4.5mm) thick surgical grade stainless steel for unprecedented durability.
· Modular 0°+7° angle bars precision milled from aircraft grade aluminum, sand blasted and anodized to 15 microns for military spec. accuracy.
· Durable laser etched angle number markings.
· Wear plate cut-outs provide open areas for both sidewall debris and edge filings to fall away from base.
· Wear plate screw ports allow 2°+ 3° and 4°+ 5° angular bar (available but sold separately) to be mounted.
Compatible with all interchangeable Switch system components. Domesic and foreign patents filed and pending.